Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Wednesday stoked a potential controversy when he called Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal a “veda mukhyamantri” (mad Chief Minister), while recalling his own days in the police force.
“When I was in Kherwadi police station in Mumbai’s Bandra area, I did not get leave because there were Sena (led) riots. Similarly, yesterday (in Delhi), because of a veda mukhyamantri (mad Chief Minister) sitting there (on dharna), I had to cancel the leave of policemen,” said Shinde.
He was addressing a meeting at Hingoli in Marathwada region where he spoke about an instance in the 1970s, when, as a policeman, he could not get leave after his wedding due to work pressure.
Kejriwal had called Shinde corrupt and inefficient and dared the Home Minister to evict him from the dharna site near Rail Bhawan during his protest against the Delhi Police.
Meanwhile, criticising Kejriwal, NCP spokesman D P Tripathi said the CM in Delhi stands for “Chosen Madness” as he has “trampled upon justice, rule of law and the Constitution”. Replying to a question, he said if Kejriwal becomes Prime Minister, it will be “Permanent Madness”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Dubbing AAP leaders as “symbols of arrogance” who lack “decency, decorum and morality”, Tripathi said, “If Kejriwal has the courage… he will write a single line letter to the Congress to withdraw its support to his government”. He also called for Delhi Law Minister Somnath Bharti’s arrest.