A day after Arvind Kejriwal challenged Narendra Modi for a debate on Gujarat’s development while addressing a road show in Varanasi on Tuesday, AICC general secretary Madhusudhan Mistry challenged him for a similar debate.
Mistry, who has been fielded against BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for the Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, has dared the latter for a debate over his claims about Gujarat’s development.
Congress nominee Narendra Ravat, who was the consensus candidate elected through primary for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, had withdrawn his candidature yesterday, while the name of Mistry, who had won the 2004 Lok Sabha elections from Sabarkantha, and is at present a Rajya Sabha member, was announced as the candidate from seat.
“I learnt the party’s decision on fielding me from Vadodara just yesterday. I thank Congress president Sonia Gandhi, vice president Rahul Gandhi and other party leaders for giving me a chance to fight against Modi for which I had been eagerly waiting for the past several years,” Mistry told PTI here today.
“Narendra Modi had never accepted my challenge of contesting Sabarkantha seat in 2004 and 2009 Lok Sabha polls,” he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
He alleged that Modi had been misguiding people of the country over development issues.
“Modi is known for misguiding the people. I challenge him to have a debate with me on national issues as well as on Gujarat’s so-called development model,” he said.
Mistry said his target is to defeat Modi. “And I am very confident about my victory,” he said.