Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday launched ‘Amma Pharmacy’, which will sell quality medicines at ‘fair price.’
Jayalalithaa launched ten ‘Amma’ pharmacies at Chennai, Erode, Salem, Cuddalore, Erode, Madurai, Sivaganga and Virudhunagar through video-conferencing from the secretariat here.
The pharmacies, set up a cost of Rs one crore, will “sell quality medicines at fair prices,” in line with directives from Jayalalithaa in this regard, a state government release said.
The ‘Amma Pharmacy’ effort comes close on the heels of the government launching the subsidised ‘Amma Salt’ recently even as ‘Amma Canteens’ and ‘Amma Mineral Water’, both low-cost initiatives, have been well received by a large section of the people.
Jayalalithaa is popularly addressed as Amma (Mother) by her party workers and supporters. The ruling AIADMK is already implementing a slew of schemes including providing rice, laptops to students and milch animals, all free of cost to beneficiaries.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Chief Minister launched a series of other initiatives covering various departments including transport.
She flagged-off over 400 new and refurbished buses and small bus services, a Rs 94 crore initiative, the release added.