Congress on Tuesday reacted with sarcasm and derision to BJP’s decision to drop its founder leaders L K Advani and M M Joshi from the Parliamentary Board, saying they have been put in an “old age home” and their ‘Margdarshak Mandal’ will only be a ‘mookdarshak’ (mute spectator).
The party said the development marks the “process of centralisation of power” in one hand, apparently referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Congress leader Rashid Alvi mocked the BJP’s new body Margdarshak Mandal (guiding committee), formed today of which Advani and Joshi besides ailing former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee are members.
“It is a mookdarshak mandal. It is like an old age home from where Advani and Joshi will witness the functioning of BJP like mutes. We were all aware that they are being sidelined,” he told reporters.
Another Congress leader and former Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said the development marks the “process of centralisation of power” in one hand. NCP leader D P Tripathi, however, termed it as an internal matter of BJP and said new faces, who have come in the place of BJP veterans, are also important for a party.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“How the Parliamentary Board is constituted is the prerogative of the president of the party. This is the convention. But the organisation matters. In place of veterans, they have chosen new faces and these new faces are also important in the party,” he said.
Veteran BJP leader C P Thakur said it could be the “process of change”.
This is the party’s decision on which he will not comment, he said.
“The party will keep on changing. It might be that process of change,” he said.