Even as BJP central election committee (CEC) meet begins Thursday to thrash out a formula for seats to be contested by some top leaders including Narendra Modi, Lok Sabha MP from Bhopal Kailash Joshi has invited L K Advani to contest from Bhopal.
“I informed him I do not want to contest elections. And I requested him to contest from Bhopal,” he said over phone. Advani, however, did not indicate his mind about the suggestion. Advani had declared his desire to contest from Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
In UP, sources said BJP was veering round to the view that Murli Manohar Joshi should contest from Kanpur, and vacate Varanasi for Modi.
On Thursday, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj is likely to be named Vidisha candidate, senior party leaders said. They said they have been sounded about Modi’s candidature from Varanasi. A party source said Modi may contest from a single Lok Sabha seat in UP to avoid confusion about post-poll preferences in case he contests from another seat.
“While it is for the CEC to affirm his candidature from Varanasi, we are given to understand Modi will contest from a single Lok Sabha seat to provide momentum to party’s electoral prospects in UP,” said a senior BJP leader.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
UP BJP sources confided that BJP president Rajnath Singh is likely to give up Ghaziabad seat and contest from Lucknow. Murli Manohar Joshi is likely to contest from Kanpur. Sources revealed that Kalraj Mishra and Vinay Katiyar were unlikely to contest. Deliberations were on about Uma Bharti who wanted to contest from UP.
Sources indicated two MLAs accused in the Muzaffarnagar riots, Hukum Singh (Kairana) and Bhartendu Singh (Bijnore), may contest Lok Sabha polls and two other accused MLAs, Sangeet Som and Suresh Rana, do not fit into social composition of constituencies considered for them. Kalyan Singh is likely to be fielded from Etah and Yogi Adityanath from Gorakhpur.