New power equations in BJP appear to be the focus of hectic consultations between the party leaders and RSS brass amid questions over what role senior leaders like L K Advani would have in a Narendra Modi-led dispensation.
Ahead of the counting of votes tomorrow, BJP president Rajnath Singh held a significant meeting with Advani, where he is reported to have mooted the idea of Lok Sabha Speaker’s post for the party patriarch.
Advani, former Deputy Prime Minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government, is understood to be disinclined to accept the offer since he prefers a political role — possibly be the NDA Chairman.
Earlier in the day, senior BJP and RSS leaders met at the residence of Rajnath Singh. The meeting was attended by RSS pointsman in BJP Suresh Soni besides Ram Lal, Saudan Singh and V Sathish.
The two-hour meeting saw discussions on issues pertaining to steps to be taken in case the party comes to power and the role various leaders will have in the government and the organisation, sources said.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Narendra Modi’s close aide and party general secretary Amit Shah also joined them later.
Former BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, meanwhile, met RSS leaders at the Sangh office in Jhandewalan to discuss the possible role of party elders and others who could be spared for government.
Sources said the party is considering drastic changes in the organisation in the wake of its possible government formation.