Congress leader Manish Tewari has tendered an unconditional apology to Nitin Gadkari in connection with his charge against him in the Adarsh Housing scam following which BJP leader withdrew a defamation case against him.
“Tewari has tendered an apology after which Gadkari has now withdrawn the defamation case”, Gadkari’s lawyer Rameshwar Gite said today.
In a letter to Gadkari, Tewari has said, “I understand that that by such statements you have to suffer huge disrepute and have to face uncomfortable situation within the party and the society. Therefore by this communication I tender my unconditional apology for the allegations made against you”.
He also said that in future he will not put Gadkari in disrepute by making any comments with regards to the Adarsh Society.
Tewari also requested Gadkari to withdraw the case filed in the local magistrate’s court.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Gadkari filed the case in December, 2010 when Tiwari, as Congress spokesperson, had accused him of holding a benami flat in the scam-tainted Adarsh Society here.
He had contended in the complaint that this was false and defamatory and Tewari be tried for criminal defamation under the Indian Penal Code.
The local court had last month taken cognizance of Gadkari’s complaint and had issued process against Tewari.
In Delhi, the BJP also released Tewari’s letter to Gadkari.