Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi Wednesday hit out at Narendra Modi for dubbing his sister Priyanka’s “neech rajniti” remark as an attack on his caste, saying people’s actions are low, not their caste.
“Jaati kabhi neechi nahi hoti. Soch neechi hoti hai, karm hote hain (caste can never be low, it is thinking and work of an individual that can be low),” he said when asked about the controversy. “Neech soch hoti hai, gusse ki soch hoti hai, krodh ki soch hoti hai (it is ideology which can be low, the ideology of anger).”
The BJP’s PM candidate Tuesday played the caste card to counter Priyanka’s attack and questioned whether belonging to a low caste was a crime. “Is it a crime to be born in a backward caste? Did I insult anyone despite being born in a backward caste? Such a dirty blame has been put on me,” Modi had said.
This he said a day after Priyanka hit out at Modi, saying he has insulted her “martyred” father Rajiv Gandhi during his speech in Amethi and accused him of indulging in “low-level” politics.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation