Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi Wednesday hit out at Narendra Modi for dubbing his sister Priyanka’s “neech rajniti” remark as an attack on his caste, saying people’s actions are low, not their caste.
“Jaati kabhi neechi nahi hoti. Soch neechi hoti hai, karm hote hain (caste can never be low, it is thinking and work of an individual that can be low),” he said when asked about the controversy. “Neech soch hoti hai, gusse ki soch hoti hai, krodh ki soch hoti hai (it is ideology which can be low, the ideology of anger).”
The BJP’s PM candidate Tuesday played the caste card to counter Priyanka’s attack and questioned whether belonging to a low caste was a crime. “Is it a crime to be born in a backward caste? Did I insult anyone despite being born in a backward caste? Such a dirty blame has been put on me,” Modi had said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
This he said a day after Priyanka hit out at Modi, saying he has insulted her “martyred” father Rajiv Gandhi during his speech in Amethi and accused him of indulging in “low-level” politics.