Congress leader and Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said “failed to convince” people about strong actions the party had taken to stem corruption, an issue which was being wielded against the UPA government ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
Stressing that the Manmohan Singh government had not “spared” anyone even from the UPA who were accused of corruption, he said there was no need for the party to be on the “defensive” and it should have rather “taken advantage” on the basis of actions taken.
“We have failed to convince people on actions taken by the UPA government,” Chandy said.
The 70-year-old leader insisted the “actions” by UPA against the corrupt were “very strong” and “not a single person was spared”.
Chandy buttressed his argument citing actions against ministers and leaders who faced allegations in scams involving 2G spectrum allocation and Commonwealth Games.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The UPA government or Prime Minister Manmohan Singh or party leadership did not shield corrupt persons. No one can point out…. If the government had shielded the culprit, you could blame us,” the CM added.