- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
Action against graft not conveyed to people: Chandy
Congress leader and Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said “failed to convince” people about strong actions the party had taken to stem corruption, an issue which was being wielded against the UPA government ahead of Lok Sabha polls.
Stressing that the Manmohan Singh government had not “spared” anyone even from the UPA who were accused of corruption, he said there was no need for the party to be on the “defensive” and it should have rather “taken advantage” on the basis of actions taken.
“We have failed to convince people on actions taken by the UPA government,” Chandy said.
The 70-year-old leader insisted the “actions” by UPA against the corrupt were “very strong” and “not a single person was spared”.
Chandy buttressed his argument citing actions against ministers and leaders who faced allegations in scams involving 2G spectrum allocation and Commonwealth Games.
“The UPA government or Prime Minister Manmohan Singh or party leadership did not shield corrupt persons. No one can point out…. If the government had shielded the culprit, you could blame us,” the CM added.