Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday said those involved in the IPL match fixing and betting case must be punished but the teams should not be suspended and the show must go on.
“IPL has helped cricket and cricketers.Those involved in fixing must be punished but shouldn’t suspend teams. BCCI President N Srinivasan must resign”, Singh said on Twitter.
In another tweet, the Congress leader said, “Office bearers of BCCI must be debarred from owning IPL teams to avoid conflict of interest but the show must go on!”. The Supreme Court in its order said that Sunil Gavaskar will be the interim President of BCCI for managing affairs of IPL.
The Supreme Court had earlier asked the BCCI chief to step down from his post in order to let a fair probe run in the match fixing and betting case.
“In our opinion, Srinivasan has to step down if proper probe is to be done in the case. We don’t like to damage people’s reputation but unless the BCCI president steps down, no fair investigation can be down,” the apex court had said. On February 10 this year, the Mudgal Committee which went into the issue submitted two reports to the top court. The first report asked the court to decide the future course of action because the probe committee did not have the power to impose punishment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More