“Aavjo(goodbye) Gujarat”. This was how Narendra Modi bid adieu on Thursday to his home state of Gujarat where he was the four-time Chief Minister since assuming office on October 7, 2001.
“Gujarat is our family. When I am leaving for Delhi, as per our tradition, I would like to say ‘Aavjo’ to 6.25 crore people …’Aavjo Gujarat (goodbye Gujarat),” Modi said at the airport before emplaning for New Delhi.
63-year-old Modi will be sworn in as the prime minister on the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan on May 26, ten days after he led his BJP to a resounding victory in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Modi also thanked media persons of Gujarat before his departure.
“I would like to thank all the media persons, be it reporters of television channels, print media, editors, columnists, from the bottom of my heart for their cooperation in the last 13 years. I am hopeful that we will continue to work for development of Gujarat and India,” Modi said.
Modi completed all his tasks in Gujarat like resigning from the post of the Chief Minister and MLA and giving the state a new chief minister in form of Anandiben Patel before leaving for Delhi.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched