Aam Aadmi Party leader Shazia Ilmi has declared a liability of Rs 59,000 as power bill dues even as she holds assets of over Rs 4.42 crore.
In addition, her husband Sajid Malik owns over Rs 25 crore worth assets, as per Ilmi’s affidavit for Lok Sabha election from Ghaziabad.
Ilmi, a journalist-turned-politician, was at the forefront of last year’s AAP-led agitation against alleged inflated bills given by power distribution companies in the national capital.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The AAP leader had disclosed a total of Rs 4.39 crore worth of movable and immovable assets during her nomination for assembly elections late last year which she lost subsequently.
In her latest affidavit for Lok Sabha polls, she has now declared total assets of over Rs 4.42 crore, an increase of Rs 3 lakh.
The 43-year-old AAP member has BSES electricity bill amounting to Rs 58,790, as per the latest affidavit. The same was also mentioned in her affidavit submitted to the Election Commission for Delhi polls held in December last.
Since that time, Ilmi’s movable assets have increased to Rs 2,67,24,702 while the value of immovable assets has remained the same at Rs 1,75,00,000.
Among others, she has necklace, bangles and rings valued at Rs 15 lakh. In 2012-13 period, Ilmi had a total income of over Rs
2.83 lakh while her husband Sajid Malik’s stood at more than Rs 88.13 lakh.
As per the latest affidavit, Sajid Malik’s movable assets are worth Rs 13,32,68,830 and the value of immovable assets is about Rs 12,58,49,077.