Hakumat wo karte hain jinka dilon pe raj hota hai, yun kehne ko to murge ke sarr e bhi taaj hota hai (Rulers are those who rule the hearts, otherwise even a rooster has a crown on his head).
Comedian-turned-AAP member Bhagwant Mann (41) recites these lines after wresting the Sangrur LS seat with the biggest margin in Punjab by humbling SAD and Congress heavyweights.
Going to the Parliament for the first time, the comedian claims that he will be a serious Parliamentarian. “Bhagwant Mann is not going to the LS to boycott, spray pepper or sleep. I will thump the desks to drive home my point when serious issues will be raised.”
On his Congress rival Vijay Inder Singla, he had been saying, “He has started wearing a helmet to villages, wary that someone may throw a stone at him.”
Mann promises to work for people’s welfare. Listing his priorities like improving facilities for schoolchildren and checking drug menance in the state, this political greenhorn says he is overwhelmed at the majority with which he was voted by his electorate.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Having polled 5.5 lakh votes out of a total 11 lakh, Mann feels he has been burdened with people’s love. “I have to return it. My predecessor returned Rs 4.66 crore unutilised. I will ensure I utilise every single penny,” he says.