- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
AAP’s Kumar Vishwas files nomination papers from Amethi
Aam Aadmi Party candidate from Amethi Lok Sabha constituency Kumar Vishwas, who is pitted against incumbent Congress MP Rahul Gandhi and BJP’s Smriti Irani, on Wednesday filed his nomination papers from here.
Besides Kumar, BSP leader Dharmendra Pratap Singh, Trinamool Congress nominee Chhaya Singh and other Independent candidates also filed their nomination papers from the Gandhi family’s pocket burrow Amethi seat.
Talking to reporters after filing nomination papers here, Kumar alleged that the Gandhi scion, who has occupied this parliamentary seat for the last ten years, did nothing but “emotionally blackmail” innocent people of the constituency through his “agents”.
Confident about his victory in the Lok Sabha elections, Kumar claimed that people of Amethi have taken a decision to defeat Rahul and finish the Gandhi dynastic rule.