AAP leader Kumar Vishwas reignited a familiar row between political parties in Delhi on Friday, claiming that he was offered the position of the Delhi Chief Minister by a BJP MP in May, soon after the Lok Sabha elections.
Vishwas alleged the offer was made despite the fact that he was not an MLA, and was told by the MP that this problem would be circumvented by Vishwas contesting a bypoll. “On May 19, a BJP MP, a good friend, visited me along with other party leaders. During talks, he made an offer that I switch to BJP and in return I would be made the Chief Minister and that the higher-ups were aware of the move. The MP said if I agreed to his proposal he would take me to his senior leaders. I humbly declined it,” Vishwas alleged.
While Vishwas refused to name the MP, AAP officials claimed it was Northeast Delhi MP Manoj Tiwari.
The AAP backed Vishwas’s claims. “AAP has consistently said that the BJP has been using all tricks to approach our leaders but failed.
The AAP has provided evidence whenever a specific news has broken out. Vishwas has done the right thing by going public,” the party said.
The BJP, however, called the allegations baseless, with Delhi chief Satish Upadhyay saying that the party was exploring the possibility of legal action against Vishwas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It seems Arvind Kejriwal has written a new script for Vishwas. He should reveal the name of the BJP MP who had made the offer. This kind of baseless allegations has been made by Kejriwal in the past and I think Vishwas is following his path. If Vishwas has proof, he should present it,” Upadhyay said.
Tiwari said, “I did not do any such thing. I know Vishwas, but did not meet him to offer the Chief Minister’s post. This is a publicity stunt.”
Meanwhile, Congress leaders seemed to disregard the allegations. “AAP leaders are making such charges to stay politically relevant. Vishwas should reveal the name of the BJP MP. The AAP usually conducts sting operations before making such allegations, so if the party has any recordings, it should make it public,” Mukesh Sharma, Delhi Congress spokesperson said.