Launching his party’s campaign in Maharashtra, AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal decided to travel the aam aadmi way — riding an auto-rickshaw from the airport to Andheri railway station, and then hopping on to the second class compartment of a train to Churchgate. The move led to chaos, as the ensuing melee of party workers and assembled crowds inconvenienced commuters.
Kejriwal began his one-day visit with a closed-door meeting with hundred odd businessmen and industrialists. He later held his first road show in the city, making his way through the predominantly Muslim areas of Nagpada and Nana Chowk, and holding a jan sabha in Kannamwar Nagar.
“The Congress has done nothing for the Muslims, just like the BJP has done nothing for Hindus. It is the miracle of Bhagwan and Allah that AAP has come into existence now,” said Kejriwal, addressing the small gathering of Muslim leaders. He also dismissed reports of a “Modi wave”.
Kejriwal covered the constituencies of two of the party’s star women candidates — Meera Sanyal (Mumbai South) and Medha Patkar (Mumbai North East).
However, not everyone thronged the streets to meet the AAP leader. Ramana Shetty, 52, couldn’t even recall the name of the fledgling party. She was there to support Patkar. “All these years, Medha Tai stood by our right to have a roof over our heads. Now I have decided to stop voting for the Congress and vote for her,” she said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched