- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
AAP’s Delhi candidates declare Rs 1.34 cr and Rs 2.8 cr as assets
Aam Aadmi Party candidate Ashish Khetan has declared Rs 1.34 crore as movable and immovable properties in his assets declaration affidavit filed with nomination paper on Thursday.
Khetan, who filed his nomination on Thursday from New Delhi constituency, has shown Rs 25.3 lakh as income in his last year’s income tax return even as his wife Christina Lydia Fernandes has declared Rs 3.3 lakh income for the last financial year.
Khetan holds a commercial plot in Barabanki district of Uttar Pradesh worth Rs 6 lakh and has a house in Noida Sector 128 which is worth Rs 70 lakh.
He has a liability of Rs 30 Lakh in home and car loans.
Khetan’s wife has Rs 33 lakh in movable assets including cash in hand, bank deposits, bonds and jewellery, but does not have any immovable property.
Another AAP candidate Anand Kumar, who is contesting election from North East constituency, has declared Rs 2.8 crore as his total assets, while his wife has Rs 7 lakh in her bank deposits and jewellery.
Kumar has declared Rs 17.2 lakh as income in his last year’s income tax return, while his wife’s income is shown as Rs 3.8 lakh.
Kumar has shown Rs 14.8 lakh is his cash and deposits. He owns a flat in Gurgaon worth Rs 1.5 crore whereas he has a share in a Varanasi property worth Rs 1.2 crore.
None of the two AAP candidates has any criminal case pending against them.