The situation outside Tihar jail, where AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal was sent on Wednesday, turned chaotic after his party workers clashed with police in the evening.
Several AAP workers, including senior party leader Yogendra Yadav, were detained by police following the clash. Earlier, after Kejriwal was taken into custody at Patiala House court in a defamation case filed by former BJP president Nitin Gadkari, bulk messages were sent to AAP volunteers asking them gather outside Tihar Jail’s Gate No.3.
As the AAP supporters started gathering outside the jail to protest against the court’s decision, police started evicting them and Section 144, which prohibits mass gatherings, was also imposed outside the jail. AAP leaders Rakhi Birla, Manish Sisodia and Sanjay Singh were also present outside the jail to lead the party’s supporters.
“If it is a crime to call a corrupt person corrupt, then send us to jail or hang us. This is dictatorship,” said Singh. Yadav slammed the police’s move to evict them saying, “We are not doing anything illegal. Those who are indulging in corruption… are sitting in their drawing rooms and enjoying while those opposing corruption are being sent to jail. What kind of justice is this?
“This is police high-handedness. There should be women police to deal with women protesters. A senior police officer who was present at the site said that women police personnel had been summoned and contended that they had not tried to evacuate the women protesters from the site.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched