After its rout in the Lok Sabha elections, AAP has decided to renominate almost all its 27 sitting legislators if Delhi goes to polls, the party said on Saturday.
“The screening process is in its final stages and we will be renominating almost all our 27 MLAs for the Delhi assembly
election,” said Delhi unit secretary and party spokesperson Dilip Pandey.
The party also hinted that it might bring in new faces from the seats from where it had lost. For instance, seats like Laxmi Nagar and Rajouri Garden, are sure to get new faces. Although it won Laxmi Nagar seat in the assembly election, it is being represented by expelled AAP MLA Vinod Kumar Binny.
In case of Rajouri Garden, the party had withdrawn support to its official candidate Pritpal Singh Saluja, after it was revealed that his name had figured in an FIR.
After its defeat, the AAP has been gearing up for the Delhi assembly elections and party chief Arvind Kejriwal himself has been holding public meetings across the city to re-building the organisation, in its bid to regain hold over the national capital.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The party had made a spectacular debut in the Delhi assembly elections, winning 28 seats. It also went on to form the government which lasted for just 49 days. However, the party’s decision to contest over 400 Lok Sabha seats across the country proved to be disastrous and it drew a blank in its home turf in Delhi.