Condemning Union Agriculture Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar’s statement asking his party workers to “vote twice” in upcoming polls, the Aam Aadmi Party on Sunday said it would write to the Election Commission recommending strict action against the politician.
“Aam Admi Party will write to the Election Commission and ask them to take strict action against Pawar and his party NCP,” a statement issued by Maharashtra unit of AAP said.
“Such brazen calls to indulge in corrupting our democratic processes must not go unpunished,” said the statement signed by Preety Menon-Sharma, state unit secretary.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The statement further said AAP volunteers will keep a vigil this time in every single polling booth across Maharashtra to prevent “bogus voting” and will report to EC if it detects any such cases.
“We encourage all citizens to stay alert and make prompt complaints to the EC helpline,” the statement said.