Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), whose main poll plank is fighting corruption, on Wednesday announced it would field candidates against 2G spectrum scam accused and former telecom ministers A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran of DMK in the April 24 Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu.
“Definitely, we will field candidates against leaders who are dipped in scams. We will field candidates against A Raja in Nilgiris and Dayanidhi Maran in Central Chennai”, AAP’s Tamil Nadu convenor David Barunkumar told reporters here.
He said the first list of candidates and constituencies would be released later this week. “We hope the first list of candidates will be announced by this Sunday or Monday”, he said.
On whether anti-nuclear activist S P Udhayakumar, who has joined the AAP, would contest the polls in the wake of several cases filed against him, he said “we will support Udhayakumar. Even if he is arrested, he will file his nominations from jail and contest the elections”.
Asked whether AAP would try to forge a partnership with the Left parties in Tamil Nadu in the wake of their snapping ties with ruling AIADMK, he alleged that they were “not living upto the principles of communist parties.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The meet also saw journalist Vaseegaran joining AAP in the presence of state office bearers of the Party.