- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
AAP to concentrate on Nilgiris, Central Chennai, Sivaganga
AAP would mainly concentrate on three Lok Sabha constituencies including Nilgiris, where former union minister A Raja is contesting on DMK ticket, out of the 20 seats it was contesting in the April 20 polls, party Tamil Nadu convenor, David Arunkumar said on Sunday.
The main reason for focussing these seats –Nilgiris, Central Chennai, where former minister Dayanidhi Maran is fielded and Shivaganga, where union Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s son Karti Chidambaram son is contesting, was to expose their alleged role in the 2G spectrum and Telecom scam, Arunkumar told reporters here.
These three leaders were ‘considered as the symbol of corruption’ due to the huge scams, Arunkumar said.
AAP was making efforts to garner the votes of first-time voters and also students, he said, adding a separate manifesto would be released for Tamil Nadu.
Arunkumar also said that a separate manifesto, with the details of omissions and commissions of Raja and his failures in the constituency, would be released for the Nilgiris.