Around 100 members of AAP, including women, gathered at AAP’s office and marched to Mini Secretariat while shouting slogans.
AAP supporters, who were agitated on Kejriwal’s arrest yesterday, were demanding his immediate release and submitted a memorandum to Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner Shekhar Vidyarthi.
In the memorandum, AAP has appealed to the President that persons fighting against corruption should not be harassed in guise of law, rather they should be encouraged to highlight the malpractices in our governance.
It should also be ensured that AAP activists holding peaceful demonstrations should not be arrested by the police, the memorandum added.
Gurgaon AAP’s convener R C Rao, a former IAS officer of Haryana cadre told media persons that Kejriwal had not violated any rule or regulation.
“He was arrested just for nothing,” claimed Mr Rao. Kejriwal was arrested on Wednesday when he refused to furnish a bail bond of Rs 10,000 in the defamation case filed by former BJP President Nitin Gadkari.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest