Around 100 members of AAP, including women, gathered at AAP’s office and marched to Mini Secretariat while shouting slogans.
AAP supporters, who were agitated on Kejriwal’s arrest yesterday, were demanding his immediate release and submitted a memorandum to Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner Shekhar Vidyarthi.
In the memorandum, AAP has appealed to the President that persons fighting against corruption should not be harassed in guise of law, rather they should be encouraged to highlight the malpractices in our governance.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
It should also be ensured that AAP activists holding peaceful demonstrations should not be arrested by the police, the memorandum added.
Gurgaon AAP’s convener R C Rao, a former IAS officer of Haryana cadre told media persons that Kejriwal had not violated any rule or regulation.
“He was arrested just for nothing,” claimed Mr Rao. Kejriwal was arrested on Wednesday when he refused to furnish a bail bond of Rs 10,000 in the defamation case filed by former BJP President Nitin Gadkari.