Upping the ante against AAP, Congress on Wednesday said it should look within and realise the inconvenience caused to common man due to its “theatrics and drama” of agitation in central Delhi.
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh asked Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal why he sent AAP leader Yogendra Yadav to negotiate with Lt Governor Najeeb Jung to end the agitation despite insisting he won’t do so. Delhi PCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and CLP leader Haroon Yusuf will be meeting Jung to press for the resignation of some state ministers including Law Minister Somnath Bharti and Rakhi Birla.
Party spokesperson Randip Surjewala, however, remained tighlipped when asked about the reasons behind the meeting saying, “Local unit is meeting the LG tomorrow. We will wait for their representation.” Asked whether Congress, which is supporting the Kejriwal government from outside, would seek the resignation of the chief minister after his street protest, Surjewala replied in negative. “There is no such demand,” he said, adding Congress will not rush towards any decision of withdrawing support or seeking the chief minister’s resignation.
“Theatrics and drama, use of irresponsible and intimidating language and flagrant violation of law and Constitution have no place in our democratic polity,” he said, asking AAP leaders to “look within” to find out the “insurmountable inconvenience” the common man faced due to disruption of traffic and the near-obstruction of Republic Day celebration on January 26. Speaking separately Singh said, “Kejriwal said that they will not negotiate. It’s not a grocery shop. But ultimately they did negotiate. Yogendra Yadav negotiated with the LG,” and wondered whether to trust their words further or not. Another party spokesperson Sandip Dikshit said the “agitation drama was staged by AAP to take away people’s attention from other issues, they were not able to address”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016