Upping the ante against AAP, Congress on Wednesday said it should look within and realise the inconvenience caused to common man due to its “theatrics and drama” of agitation in central Delhi.
Party General Secretary Digvijay Singh asked Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal why he sent AAP leader Yogendra Yadav to negotiate with Lt Governor Najeeb Jung to end the agitation despite insisting he won’t do so. Delhi PCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely and CLP leader Haroon Yusuf will be meeting Jung to press for the resignation of some state ministers including Law Minister Somnath Bharti and Rakhi Birla.
Party spokesperson Randip Surjewala, however, remained tighlipped when asked about the reasons behind the meeting saying, “Local unit is meeting the LG tomorrow. We will wait for their representation.” Asked whether Congress, which is supporting the Kejriwal government from outside, would seek the resignation of the chief minister after his street protest, Surjewala replied in negative. “There is no such demand,” he said, adding Congress will not rush towards any decision of withdrawing support or seeking the chief minister’s resignation.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Theatrics and drama, use of irresponsible and intimidating language and flagrant violation of law and Constitution have no place in our democratic polity,” he said, asking AAP leaders to “look within” to find out the “insurmountable inconvenience” the common man faced due to disruption of traffic and the near-obstruction of Republic Day celebration on January 26. Speaking separately Singh said, “Kejriwal said that they will not negotiate. It’s not a grocery shop. But ultimately they did negotiate. Yogendra Yadav negotiated with the LG,” and wondered whether to trust their words further or not. Another party spokesperson Sandip Dikshit said the “agitation drama was staged by AAP to take away people’s attention from other issues, they were not able to address”.