In a setback to the fledgling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), its Farukhabad candidate against Union minister Salman Khurshid today withdrew from the contest and resigned from the party alleging “corruption” in the outfit.
“I have returned the ticket and left the party as I am not getting any support from the organisation… There is corruption in the internal organisation,” journalist-turned-politician Mukul Tripathi, who was the party’s nominee from Farukhabad in Uttar Pradesh, told PTI.
“The Lok Sabha election in-charge there (in Farukhabad) used to tell me that you have to use “takat” (strength) and source to get party leaders for campaigning in the segment. He advised me to use ‘jugad’ to get the dates of party leaders,” Tripathi alleged.
Alleging that there was corruption in the organisation, Tripathi said, when he asked, the party unit in Farukhabad gave him a list of only 1,700 party followers, though it had earlier claimed to have as many as 50,000 supporters in the
“I tried to call party leader Sanjay Singh but all my attempts went in vain… I was contesting elections with my own resources by taking money from relatives and friends but the party unit there wanted me to spend more, which I could not afford,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“AAP is only befooling the young generation. It did not have any mass base and also faulted in fighting corruption
within its own organisation,” he added.
Asked about his future course of action, Tripathi said that he would sit with his supporters and decide.
The candidature of Tripathi, who is differently-able, was announced by AAP in its first list to take on External Affairs
He also alleged that during party leader Arvind Kejriwal’s visit to Farukhabad, the local unit had collected
over Rs 15 lakh but spent only Rs 4 to 5 lakh. “I also demanded that it should be inquired, where the rest of amount
had gone,” he added.