The Aam Admi Party candidate from Nalanda Parliamentary constituency, Pranab Prakash was allegedly roughed up by a group of people and his car attacked during campaigning.
Official sources said here today that Prakash was on campaign trail in Utarphu village under Bind police station of the district, about 20 km from district headquarters, when the incident took place last night.
“I was on my way when I was stopped by around 25 people. I was dragged out of my mar and they hit me on my head with lathis,” Prakash said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
A large number of his supporters later staged protest outside the residences of District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police blaming ruling JD-U men for the ruckus.
Nalanda Lok Sabha seat, which is native place of CM Nitish Kumar and will go to votes on April 17.
While the JD-U has fielded Kaushlendra Kumar, the Congress has nominated former state police chief Ashish Ranjan Sinha as joint candidate of the party and RJD. BJP has extended support to LJP which has fielded Satyendra Sharma.