The Aam Admi Party candidate from Nalanda Parliamentary constituency, Pranab Prakash was allegedly roughed up by a group of people and his car attacked during campaigning.
Official sources said here today that Prakash was on campaign trail in Utarphu village under Bind police station of the district, about 20 km from district headquarters, when the incident took place last night.
“I was on my way when I was stopped by around 25 people. I was dragged out of my mar and they hit me on my head with lathis,” Prakash said.
A large number of his supporters later staged protest outside the residences of District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police blaming ruling JD-U men for the ruckus.
Nalanda Lok Sabha seat, which is native place of CM Nitish Kumar and will go to votes on April 17.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
While the JD-U has fielded Kaushlendra Kumar, the Congress has nominated former state police chief Ashish Ranjan Sinha as joint candidate of the party and RJD. BJP has extended support to LJP which has fielded Satyendra Sharma.