The party released its manifesto today in presence of senior leaders. The three aspects – river, weaver and sewer-are very crucial in the temple town and transcend religious and caste boundaries.
AAP has promised to develop Varanasi as a “spiritual city” of all “religions” and work to make it a world heritage city.
Ganga is am emotional issue for people here, but the river sees dumping of untreated waste, sewage and plastic. The party will also encourage tea-stalls and restaurants to use earthen pots (kulhads) instead of plastic, which is dumped into the river. “The party will also take up the cause in Parliament,” AAP said in its manifesto.
The manifesto also speaks of poor infrastructure of the city including the sewer system, which is in bad shape.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Crores of rupees are being spent in the name of sewer, but still it does not have a better system. The party will ensure that the sewage treatment plant is started,” the manifesto added.
To better the city infrastructure, AAP has also promised to take up the issue of electricity and bad roads. It has also promised Monorail and Ring roads in the city, known for its congested bylanes.
The party has also raised up the issue of weavers. Mostly belonging to the Muslim community, the party is focussing on them as it constitutes around 1.5 lakh voters in the constituency.
The party has said that it will take up the cause of fishermen, boatmen and wooden toy makers.
For the fishermen and boatmen, the party has said that it will work to have them on the priority list in UP’s police divers section while to promote the toy industry, it will set up a wood depot.
Varanasi, from where AAP leader Kejriwal is taking on Modi, has five assembly segments. Varanasi North, Varanasi South and Varanasi Cantonment are largerly urban in nature while the other two Sevapuri and Rohaniya are rural. It is currently represented by senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi in Parliament.