To breach the BJP bastion, Aam Aadmi Party will take up the cause of River-Weaver-Sewer and work to make Varanasi an all “religion spiritual city” in its electoral fight against Narendra Modi.
The party released its manifesto today in presence of senior leaders. The three aspects – river, weaver and sewer-are very crucial in the temple town and transcend religious and caste boundaries.
AAP has promised to develop Varanasi as a “spiritual city” of all “religions” and work to make it a world heritage city.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Ganga is am emotional issue for people here, but the river sees dumping of untreated waste, sewage and plastic. The party will also encourage tea-stalls and restaurants to use earthen pots (kulhads) instead of plastic, which is dumped into the river. “The party will also take up the cause in Parliament,” AAP said in its manifesto.
The manifesto also speaks of poor infrastructure of the city including the sewer system, which is in bad shape.
“Crores of rupees are being spent in the name of sewer, but still it does not have a better system. The party will ensure that the sewage treatment plant is started,” the manifesto added.
To better the city infrastructure, AAP has also promised to take up the issue of electricity and bad roads. It has also promised Monorail and Ring roads in the city, known for its congested bylanes.
The party has also raised up the issue of weavers. Mostly belonging to the Muslim community, the party is focussing on them as it constitutes around 1.5 lakh voters in the constituency.
The party has said that it will take up the cause of fishermen, boatmen and wooden toy makers.
For the fishermen and boatmen, the party has said that it will work to have them on the priority list in UP’s police divers section while to promote the toy industry, it will set up a wood depot.
Varanasi, from where AAP leader Kejriwal is taking on Modi, has five assembly segments. Varanasi North, Varanasi South and Varanasi Cantonment are largerly urban in nature while the other two Sevapuri and Rohaniya are rural. It is currently represented by senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi in Parliament.