The Aam Aadmi Party on Friday demanded a probe into the alleged “leak” of a communication on Janlokpal bill from the Solicitor General to the Lt Governor, whom it accused of acting like a “Congress agent”.
“Anything that has gone to Lt Governor, it has become public through the media. Lt Governor Najeeb Jung is acting an agent of the Congress and he is trying to malign the image of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government,” party spokesperson Ashutosh said.
He said that this was not the first time that the information was leaked from the LG’s office and also demanded that the matter be investigated.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“This is not the first time that a confidential communication with delhi Lg Jung is leaked !! Is his office involved in leak !!!
“How and why confidential letter between LG Jung and solicitor General was leaked ?? Who has leaked ?? It should be investigated ???,” the journalist-turned-politician tweeted.
Interestingly, from the day the AAP was invited to form the government, it has shared cordial relations with the Lt Governor.
Even when there was a face-off between the Union Home Ministry, Delhi Police and the Delhi government last month, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had publicly praised Jung calling him a “nice person”. Jung had played a major role in convincing Kejriwal to reach on a compromise.
Friday, Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran, whose opinion was sought by Jung on the constitutionality of the Delhi Government’s proposal to enact the Jan Lokpal Bill without seeking Centre’s clearance, had conveyed to him that it will be illegal if enacted without the consent.
“Whatever the Solicitor General has said is a legal advice and views over legal issues may differ. As per the legal advice we have sought, this (the process to pass the Janlokpal Bill) is purely legal and we will bring this bill in the assembly,” Ashutosh said.
AAP leader and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan said there is a provision in the act that even if something that requires prior approval, the mere fact that it was not sent for prior approval will not make it unconstitutional because eventually the President will give his assent
“He is talking about the procedure… that is some requirement in transaction of business rules,” he said.