The Aam Aadmi Party on Friday demanded a probe into the alleged “leak” of a communication on Janlokpal bill from the Solicitor General to the Lt Governor, whom it accused of acting like a “Congress agent”.
“Anything that has gone to Lt Governor, it has become public through the media. Lt Governor Najeeb Jung is acting an agent of the Congress and he is trying to malign the image of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government,” party spokesperson Ashutosh said.
He said that this was not the first time that the information was leaked from the LG’s office and also demanded that the matter be investigated.
“This is not the first time that a confidential communication with delhi Lg Jung is leaked !! Is his office involved in leak !!!
“How and why confidential letter between LG Jung and solicitor General was leaked ?? Who has leaked ?? It should be investigated ???,” the journalist-turned-politician tweeted.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Interestingly, from the day the AAP was invited to form the government, it has shared cordial relations with the Lt Governor.
Even when there was a face-off between the Union Home Ministry, Delhi Police and the Delhi government last month, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had publicly praised Jung calling him a “nice person”. Jung had played a major role in convincing Kejriwal to reach on a compromise.
Friday, Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran, whose opinion was sought by Jung on the constitutionality of the Delhi Government’s proposal to enact the Jan Lokpal Bill without seeking Centre’s clearance, had conveyed to him that it will be illegal if enacted without the consent.
“Whatever the Solicitor General has said is a legal advice and views over legal issues may differ. As per the legal advice we have sought, this (the process to pass the Janlokpal Bill) is purely legal and we will bring this bill in the assembly,” Ashutosh said.
AAP leader and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan said there is a provision in the act that even if something that requires prior approval, the mere fact that it was not sent for prior approval will not make it unconstitutional because eventually the President will give his assent
“He is talking about the procedure… that is some requirement in transaction of business rules,” he said.