After the AAP drew a blank in the Lok Sabha polls in the capital, the possibility of forming the government in Delhi, with Congress support, was discussed at an internal party meeting held on Saturday.
“Some MLAs felt that the party should form the government in Delhi after seeking support from the Congress,” a senior AAP leader said.
The meeting was attended by party chief Arvind Kejriwal, senior leaders, Delhi MLAs and Lok Sabha candidates, the leader said.
The Delhi Assembly elections held in December last year had seen the AAP winning 28 seats. Following this, the party had formed the government with support from the Congress, which had had won eight seats. Forty-nine days later, however, the Kejriwal-led government resigned over its failure to pass the Delhi Lokpal Bill.
As opposed to its stellar Assembly performance, the party could not get even one of the seven Lok Sabha seats in Delhi. AAP leaders, including Kejriwal, had admitted that resigning from the government might have disappointed a section of its voters.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
According to sources, a large section of AAP leaders who met on Saturday felt the resignation was a major reason for the party’s performance in the Lok Sabha polls.
Some others felt that the party will lose further ground if it forms the government with Congress support.
“The party will only lose support if it forms the government with Congress support. Moreover, the Congress will also hold the party to ransom at any given time,” the leader said.