The Aam Aadmi Party is likely to announce the first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha elections by January 26. Sources in the party said it will announce candidates for few seats in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana Bihar and Maharashtra. The first list is likely to include the names of senior party leaders and prominent faces.
“First and second round of screening candidates for a few seats was completed last week. We should hopefully release the list of candidates by January 26. “The party may announce potential candidates for a seat and then shortlist one after consulting the active members of the party,” said a source.
At its National Executive Committee meeting early this month, party leaders had announced that the first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha would be declared between January 15 to 20, but the “tremendous” response and number of applications it received delayed the process.
“The deadline to submit the forms by aspirants wanting to contest Lok Sabha seats was January 15. However, we are still receiving forms. We have received maximum forms from Delhi and Haryana. In Delhi alone, the ratio is 65 people to 1 seat,” party spokesperson Dilip Pandey said. The party has so far received 2600 forms from 200 Lok Sabha constituencies from aspirants willing to contest elections.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More