AAP national spokesperson Shazia Ilmi on Saturday dismissed reports of any “wave” in favour of BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi and questionned the latter’s move to contest elections from two seats.
“If there is a wave in Modi’s favour, then why is he contesting from two seats? In contrast to this, AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal is fighting from only one seat”, Ilmi said referring to Modi’s candidature from Vadodara and Varanasi seats.
Ilmi contested from Ghaziabad seat in Uttar Pradesh against former Army chief V K Singh (BJP) and Congress leader Raj Babbar. Responding to a query on Kejriwal getting slapped by an auto driver in Delhi recently, Ilmi said “he (Kejriwal) paid the price for being honest”.
Taking a dig, Ilmi said “as big political leaders travel in helicopters only, there is no chance of they being slapped”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016