Aam Aadmi Party leader Manish Sisodia on Thursday accused Gujarat Police of spying on him, a day after party leader Arvind Kejriwal was briefly “detained” in Gujarat while on a tour to “inspect” development in Narendra Modi’s state.
Sisodia, who along with Kejriwal is on a four-day visit to Gujarat, alleged that police was troubling, questioning and threatening people he had met last evening.
“Day 2 in Gujarat-state police is spying on me. Troubling, questioning, threatening people I’m meeting since last evening in Gujarat,” he tweeted.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Kejriwal on Wednesday had accused Modi of trying to stall his visit to Gujarat meant to “inspect” development.
After he embarked on his tour to “verify” Modi’s claims of providing water, power, education and healthcare to people in Gujarat, the former Delhi Chief Minister was taken to Radhanpur police station in North Gujarat and allowed to leave after half an hour.
Gujarat state AAP convenor Sukhdev Patel had claimed that Kejriwal was detained, though the police denied it by saying that they had only “briefed” Kejriwal on the model code of conduct which came into force after declaration of the poll schedule.
However, Kejriwal alleged that the police had acted after “orders from the top”.
“We came to know in the morning itself that all District Superintendents of Police (DSPs) were instructed to stop Kejriwal under any circumstances. Modi also sent some people with black flags. We knew that they would resort to such tactics,” Kejriwal had said.