Aam Aadmi Party leader Manish Sisodia on Thursday accused Gujarat Police of spying on him, a day after party leader Arvind Kejriwal was briefly “detained” in Gujarat while on a tour to “inspect” development in Narendra Modi’s state.
Sisodia, who along with Kejriwal is on a four-day visit to Gujarat, alleged that police was troubling, questioning and threatening people he had met last evening.
“Day 2 in Gujarat-state police is spying on me. Troubling, questioning, threatening people I’m meeting since last evening in Gujarat,” he tweeted.
Kejriwal on Wednesday had accused Modi of trying to stall his visit to Gujarat meant to “inspect” development.
After he embarked on his tour to “verify” Modi’s claims of providing water, power, education and healthcare to people in Gujarat, the former Delhi Chief Minister was taken to Radhanpur police station in North Gujarat and allowed to leave after half an hour.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Gujarat state AAP convenor Sukhdev Patel had claimed that Kejriwal was detained, though the police denied it by saying that they had only “briefed” Kejriwal on the model code of conduct which came into force after declaration of the poll schedule.
However, Kejriwal alleged that the police had acted after “orders from the top”.
“We came to know in the morning itself that all District Superintendents of Police (DSPs) were instructed to stop Kejriwal under any circumstances. Modi also sent some people with black flags. We knew that they would resort to such tactics,” Kejriwal had said.