Two days after being ticked off by his party for praising Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday said it is just a “platform” unlike structure-based Congress and suggested that there could be “anarchy” because of it.
“AAP is not a party, it is a platform… Basically, AAP has been an agitation, not a party. Congress party is a party of ideology, governance, office-bearers and structure,” he said.
“If you do not have a party, you will have anarchy in our country. You cannot have chaos and anarchy,” the Congress leader added.
Drawing a comparison between Congress and AAP, he said the overall ideology of the 128-year-old party was cohesive ideology.
His fresh comments came two days after he was ticked off by the party for saying the AAP has been raising “legitimate” issues and asked the political class not to make fun of it.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Asked Saturday about the role of AAP in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, Ramesh said it was too early to comment about its national impact.
“Delhi, certainly, they have planted their flag and they are getting a lot of media space. But, what extent they are going to have national impact is too early to say,” Ramesh stated.
When pointed out that he had been criticised by his party for praising AAP, Ramesh merely said, “I was also told.”