Former judge Fakhruddin will be Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) candidate in Rae Bareli against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, while Lal Bahadur Shastri’s grandson Adarsh Shastri will contest from Allahabad, as the party on Wednesday announced its 14th list of candidates for 19 Lok Sabha constituencies.
The party named 10 candidates in Uttar Pradesh, two each in Gujarat and Punjab, one each in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal and three in Chhattisgarh.
Justice (rtd) Fakhruddin has served as judge in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh high courts.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Shastri, who is the grandson of former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri and son of Congress leader Anil Shastri, recently left his job with Apple Inc to join AAP.
Harinder Singh Khalsa, former Indian High Commissioner to Norway, will be the party’s candidate from Fatehgarh Sahib in Punjab, while Jasraj Singh Longia will contest from Bathinda against SAD candidate and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal’s wife Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
With this list, the total number of candidates declared by AAP so far has gone up to 426.