Former judge Fakhruddin will be Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) candidate in Rae Bareli against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, while Lal Bahadur Shastri’s grandson Adarsh Shastri will contest from Allahabad, as the party on Wednesday announced its 14th list of candidates for 19 Lok Sabha constituencies.
The party named 10 candidates in Uttar Pradesh, two each in Gujarat and Punjab, one each in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal and three in Chhattisgarh.
Justice (rtd) Fakhruddin has served as judge in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh high courts.
Shastri, who is the grandson of former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri and son of Congress leader Anil Shastri, recently left his job with Apple Inc to join AAP.
Harinder Singh Khalsa, former Indian High Commissioner to Norway, will be the party’s candidate from Fatehgarh Sahib in Punjab, while Jasraj Singh Longia will contest from Bathinda against SAD candidate and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal’s wife Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With this list, the total number of candidates declared by AAP so far has gone up to 426.