The Aam Admi Party seeks to catch the people’s attention in its electoral debut in Tamil Nadu during the Lok Sabha polls banking on the “good” background of some of its candidates and capitalising on the social-media savy educated and employed volunteers.
The Kejriwal-led party, which is forcing a six-cornered contest in at least four of 39 seats in the state, is hoping to make its presence felt being aware of the ground reality that it cannot replicate its Delhi assembly poll feat.
AAP has roped in well known faces like anti-nuclear activists, writers, journalists and lawyers into its fold. “We have already announced eight of our candidates for Tamil Nadu. We will make our candidates contest in 23 or 24 constituencies across Tamil Nadu,” AAP’s state campaign committee convenor David Barun Kumar said.
The party’s future in the state saw a silver lining when Kejriwal called on anti-nuclear activist S P Udayakumar at Idinthakarai near Kudankulam last year. Ever since the fledgling party nurtured national ambitions, activists like Udayakumar and Pushparayan were considered potential candidates for the party in the state. Meetings by Prashant Bhushan with these activists further strengthened the theory.
Known well among employed professionals, mostly in the IT industry in urban areas, the Kejriwal-led party’s reach into the interiors of Tamil Nadu remains to be seen. While critics claim AAP does not have an opinion on issues other than corruption, activists like Udayakumar tend to disagree.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More