Aam Aadmi Party’s Delhi unit secretary and four party volunteers were arrested on Friday for allegedly instigating the people and putting up posters with proactive message against Congress MLAs in their area.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (South-East district) P Karunakaran said the arrested persons have been identified as Dilip Pandey, Ravi Shankar Singh, Sonu, Javed and Rajkumar.
Pandey is the party’s Delhi unit Secretary and a spokesman.
Reacting to the arrests, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal alleged BJP was framing his party volunteers after the party “failed” in its bid to form the government.
“Just because we foiled BJP’s plans to form government in Delhi by buying MLAs, our volunteers and staff are being framed and arrested in false cases. It seems the lower police is being forced by seniors to arrest AAP leaders. So, who is masterminding it?” Kejriwal tweeted.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
A senior police officer, requesting anonymity, said Pandey was grilled at Jamia Nagar police station after AAP workers put up posters against Congress MLAs and some of the arrested workers of AAP had disclosed the name of Pandey.
A case under IPC, Prevention of Damage to Public Property Act and Press and Registration of Books Act, 1867, has been registered, the police said.
The officer said the Congress MLAs alleged that the posters, along with proactive message, have been put up by AAP to divide the community.
“Posters have been put up in the assembly constituencies of the three Muslim Congress MLAs, calling them ‘traitors of the community’, with rumours about a group of Congress MLAs being ready to support BJP government in Delhi gaining ground.
“The posters call for large-scale protests outside the residences of Mateen Ahmed, Asif Mohd Khan and Hasan Ahmed on July 16”, the officer added.
Kejriwal claimed a man named Amanatullah had put up the posters and even confessed to it but the police have instead arrested AAP volunteers.