Fending off criticism about its “Rs 20,000 per person” dinner with Arvind Kejriwal, AAP on Tuesday claimed it was a transparent way of raising money, unlike the mainstream parties where 75 per cent of funding came from “unknown” sources.
“We are raising money for fighting election in an open and transparent way,” former Infosys Board Member and AAP candidate from Bangalore Central V Balakrishnan, who is said to be co-ordinating the event, told reporters here. The AAP’s fund raising dinner, in which people could participate after contributing Rs 20,000 per person, is scheduled for March 15 when Kejriwal will hold roadshow in and around the city, followed by a public rally the next day.
“We are asking people to come there, interact with Arvind, understand his ideas and if they can contribute minimum Rs 20,000, that will help us in fighting election in more honest way,” Balakrishnan said. He alleged 75 per cent of funding for mainstream political parties come from unknown sources. “Raising money from unknown sources is where the corruption starts, it is like promoting crony capitalism. We will put all the names on the web,” he said, adding AAP’s approach would bring a big change.
Prithvi Reddy, AAP’s national executive member, said that for the first time in this country, AAP was approaching people telling that clean politics requires clean money. “Lot of people have tried to attack us saying that you are charging Rs 20,000 to have a meal with Kejriwal; …that’s not true, Kejriwal certainly is not interested in charging Rs 20,000, nobody is coming there for a meal.
“As a donation to the party we have requested that they give us (money), this is a ticketed event where we are charging a minimum of Rs 20,000,” he added. The party had on Monday announced 3 candidates out of 28 Lok Sabha seats in Karnataka.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest