- AAP discredited, confident of BJP win in Delhi polls: Venkaiah Naidu
- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
AAP candidate Justice Fakhruddin opts out against Sonia Gandhi
In a setback to the Aam Aadmi Party, former High Court judge Fakhruddin, who was named the party’s candidate in Rae Bareli against Congress president Sonia Gandhi, on Tuesday withdrew from the fray.
AAP sources said that the judge has withdrawn his candidature.
However, the reasons for his withdrawal are not yet known.
Justice (retd) Fakhruddin has served as judge in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh high courts and his candidature from the prestigious seat was recently announced in the 14th list of AAP candidates for Lok Sabha elections.