BJP owed an explanation to the nation in the wake of a sting operation claiming that Babri Masjid demolition was “an act of planned sabotage”, the Aam Aadmi Party said on Saturday.
AAP leader Ashutosh also criticised BJP for questioning the timing of the sting operation saying the main issue was whether the mosque was “deliberately demolished or not”.
“Why is BJP questioning the timing of the sting? Only because now the truth has come out? They might call it ‘Congress-sponsored’ but they owe an explanation,” he told reporters during a roadshow. “The question is not whether the timing of the ‘sting’ is right or wrong. The question is whether Babri Masjid was deliberately demolished or not. BJP should explain this. They are not questioning the ‘contents’ of the sting but only talking about its timing,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The news portal ‘Cobrapost’ in a sting operation on Friday claimed that Babri Mosque demolition was an “act of planned sabotage” and not the work of a frenzied mob of Hindu outfits. The investigation claimed that the entire “sabotage” was planned with so much secrecy that no government agency got a wind of it. After many years of investigation, the CBI has not been able to find clinching, corroborative evidence against all those 40 it has made accused in its chargesheet, it claimed.
Asked about Friday’s attack on Kejriwal at a public rally, Ahustosh denied it being a “publicity stunt”.”It was not a publicity stunt. The other parties are scared of us and that is why they called it publicity stunt,” he said. AAP leader and the party’s candidate from Amethi, Kumar Vishwas was also canvassing for Ashutosh.
“We will come with a clean majority in Amethi. Media might say that we have lost public support. But you need to go to Amethi to see what the reality is,” Vishwas said.
He also rejected results of opinion poll about AAP’s success in Lok Sabha polls saying, “We were given five seats by opinion polls in Delhi assembly polls but the results were evident. The same would be repeated in the upcoming elections too.”