BJP owed an explanation to the nation in the wake of a sting operation claiming that Babri Masjid demolition was “an act of planned sabotage”, the Aam Aadmi Party said on Saturday.
AAP leader Ashutosh also criticised BJP for questioning the timing of the sting operation saying the main issue was whether the mosque was “deliberately demolished or not”.
“Why is BJP questioning the timing of the sting? Only because now the truth has come out? They might call it ‘Congress-sponsored’ but they owe an explanation,” he told reporters during a roadshow. “The question is not whether the timing of the ‘sting’ is right or wrong. The question is whether Babri Masjid was deliberately demolished or not. BJP should explain this. They are not questioning the ‘contents’ of the sting but only talking about its timing,” he said.
The news portal ‘Cobrapost’ in a sting operation on Friday claimed that Babri Mosque demolition was an “act of planned sabotage” and not the work of a frenzied mob of Hindu outfits. The investigation claimed that the entire “sabotage” was planned with so much secrecy that no government agency got a wind of it. After many years of investigation, the CBI has not been able to find clinching, corroborative evidence against all those 40 it has made accused in its chargesheet, it claimed.
Asked about Friday’s attack on Kejriwal at a public rally, Ahustosh denied it being a “publicity stunt”.”It was not a publicity stunt. The other parties are scared of us and that is why they called it publicity stunt,” he said. AAP leader and the party’s candidate from Amethi, Kumar Vishwas was also canvassing for Ashutosh.
“We will come with a clean majority in Amethi. Media might say that we have lost public support. But you need to go to Amethi to see what the reality is,” Vishwas said.
He also rejected results of opinion poll about AAP’s success in Lok Sabha polls saying, “We were given five seats by opinion polls in Delhi assembly polls but the results were evident. The same would be repeated in the upcoming elections too.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review