The Aam Admi Party accused the BJP candidate from Mathura Lok Sabha seat Hema Malini of allegedly providing wrong facts in her nomination papers.
D K Tyagi, an AAP supporter from Delhi, has lodged a complaint to the Election Commission on Thursday stating that the actress did not mention that she converted to Islam at the time of her marriage.
He further alleged that BJP candidate has stated the honorary degree that was conferred on her, instead of giving her actual academic qualification.
DM Vishal Chouhan made it clear that since none of the political parties raised any objection in the first place, normal election procedure was initiated.
Now that EC won’t be dealing with the issue, the applicant has to appeal in the court, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
BJP’s district head of Braj region Purushottam Khandelwal, however refuted all the allegations saying that this is AAP’s ploy to destabilise Hema Malini.
He also made it clear that the party will deal with the issue, whenever the matter reaches court.