- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
AAP accuses Hema Malini of furnishing false information in poll affidavit
The Aam Admi Party accused the BJP candidate from Mathura Lok Sabha seat Hema Malini of allegedly providing wrong facts in her nomination papers.
D K Tyagi, an AAP supporter from Delhi, has lodged a complaint to the Election Commission on Thursday stating that the actress did not mention that she converted to Islam at the time of her marriage.
He further alleged that BJP candidate has stated the honorary degree that was conferred on her, instead of giving her actual academic qualification.
DM Vishal Chouhan made it clear that since none of the political parties raised any objection in the first place, normal election procedure was initiated.
Now that EC won’t be dealing with the issue, the applicant has to appeal in the court, he said.
BJP’s district head of Braj region Purushottam Khandelwal, however refuted all the allegations saying that this is AAP’s ploy to destabilise Hema Malini.
He also made it clear that the party will deal with the issue, whenever the matter reaches court.