AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas on Wednesday accused Congress workers of indulging in booth capturing here to save the prestigious seat, a charge denied by the district administration.
“Booth capturing is going on at booth number 42 of Mehmoodpur…,” Vishwas alleged on Twitter.
In another tweet, he alleged that information about large scale booth capturing, fake voting and intimidation of workers is coming from various places but the observers and district administration are not taking any action on complaints which are being sent through phone, email and SMSes.
However, District Magistrate Jagat Raj Tripathi denied the charges.
“No such complaint has been found correct. Polling is going on smoothly,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The seat is witnessing a fierce battle between Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, trying hard to maintain his 3.70 lakh winning margin during last elections, BJP’s Smriti Irani who is riding on “Modi wave” and Vishwas, who has been camping here for the last six months.