The dinner, organised last night during Kejriwal’s two-day visit to the city to drum-up support for the party, was attended by around 200 people, AAP leaders said.
The event was an initiative by a group called “Well wishers of AAP” co-ordinated by former Infosys board member and party candidate from Bangalore Central constituency V. Balakrishnan with an intention to raise funds for the party in a “transparent manner”.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Around 200 people attended the dinner. We have gathered about Rs 50 lakh,” said C.N Radhakrishnan, a member of “Well wishers of AAP”.
“A few people had pledged support to us but could not attend the event… they will be sending in their contributions soon,” he added.
In what was said to be an interactive session, Kejriwal’s recent salvo against the media was a hot topic among the attendees, who quizzed the former Delhi Chief Minister over the issue.
Naina P Nayak, AAP’s candidate from Bangalore South who was part of the dinner event, said, “It was a great event, it was completely interactive session, people asked him all kind of questions and pointed out some errors too.”
“People asked him about his recent comments about media. Kejriwal sought to clarify his comment and tried to make them understand what he really meant….,” Nayak said without elaborating.
“His resignation as Delhi Chief Minister was another hot topic. A few had some reservations on the way he resigned,” she added.