Arvind Kejriwal’s blue WagonR car has become the cynosure of all eyes here and AAP’s candidate from this constituency Navin Jaihind, who has been given the car by former Delhi Chief Minister, believes that the ‘humble’ car will boost his fortunes in the April 10 poll battle.
In his affidavit filed along with the nomination, Jaihind has mentioned cash in hand of Rs 1,000, a SBI bank deposit of about Rs 2,700 apart from two insurance policies, silver worth Rs 3,000 only.
He is also signatory in official AAP local bank account which has Rs 55,000, as per his declaration.
Kejriwal, who had extensively used the car during his campaign for Delhi Assembly polls as well as after coming to power, gave the car to Jaihind after learning that the social worker was facing difficulties in campaigning.
Pitted against two-time MP and Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda’s son Deepender Singh Hooda, Jaihind hopes the car would prove lucky for him. “I am confident that the car would prove lucky for me in the election,” said the 32-year-old AAP candidate, who belongs to a lower middle class family.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
AAP workers said the car has been a “huge hit” in the constituency as young people flock to catch a glimpse everywhere.
“The car has proved lucky for Kejriwal. We are hoping that it will bring good luck to Jaihind also,” said an AAP worker.
Jaihind’s wife, employed as a campaigner in Greenpeace India, has total assets valued at Rs 2.6 lakh.
“Wherever Kejriwal’s car goes during campaigning, people, especially youths, take its photos and even click pictures with it,” said Mahesh Kaushik, an AAP worker.
He said people often discuss about the car also.
On March 31, two unidentified men allegedly damaged Arvind Kejriwal’s car. However, he was not in the car when the attack took place.