- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Aam Aadmi Party alleges attack by Congress workers in Amethi, Vishwas to move EC
The Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday alleged that Congress workers attacked their campaign vehicle and also roughed up some party activists in Tikaria industrial area in Gauriganj in Amethi.
According to AAP spokesperson Pankaj Shukla, some Congress workers damaged their party’s campaign vehicle and beat up AAP activists near a petrol pump in Tikaria industrial area under Gauriganj police station.
SHO (Gauriganj) Ratan Singh said that he is looking into the matter.
Reacting to the incident, AAP candidate from Amethi Kumar Vishwas said that Congress workers are “disappointed” with the election response and are now resorting to hooliganism.
“Congress has lost the election and in disappointment has come to gundagardi (hooliganism). I will go to Election Commission with my complaints,” Vishwas said.
He also alleged that “police is under heavy pressure (from Congress) and not cooperating with AAP even on ground.”
No Congress leader was available for comment on the incident.