Unfazed by criticism over his re-nomination by DMK, 2G spectrum scam accused and former Telecom Minister A Raja, seeking re-election from Nilgiris Lok Sabha seat in the April 24 polls, on Thursday said he would prove his innocence and he had faith in the people’s court.
Both the CBI, which investigated the case, and others had failed to establish the charges of bribe taking or any wrong doing in the case, he told reporters here, the picturesque headquarters town of the hilly Nilgiris district.
“I have faith in the judiciary and more than that I have faith in the people’s court and the voters in the Nilgiris constituency will decide my fate,” he said.
Asked about Aam Admi Party fielding candidates against him and his colleague Dayanidhi Maran on the ground that both were facing corruption charges, Raja, the Dalit face of DMK, said “I am also against corruption. I do not know why they are making such comments and fielding candidates.”
Replying to persistent questions on the 2G scam, Raja quipped “all are raising this question whenever they see me. But why are they not posing any question to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa who is also facing (wealth) case in a Bangalore court.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review