In the sharpest attack on BJP Prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee on Friday alleged that a person who caused riots could not become the Prime Minister of the country.
“Paisa deke publicity ho raha hai. BJP Prime Minister banega. Jo danga karta hai, woh Prime Minister kabhi nei ban sakta (A lot of money is being used for publicity. Those who indulge in riots can never become Prime Minister,” Banerjee said speaking in Hindi at an election rally.
“Votes cannot be got by spending money and appearingon TV. People are wise enough and know whom to vote for,” Banerjee, the West Bengal Chief Minister said without naming Modi.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Alleging that BJP was a communal party, Banerjee said “BJP divides Hindus and Muslims. We will not allow riots to take place in West Bengal. We want to live in peace.We will resist those who cause riots,” she said. Banerjee’s vitriolic attack came in the midst of speculation in a section of the media of a possible understanding between BJP and TMC post-election.