In the sharpest attack on BJP Prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee on Friday alleged that a person who caused riots could not become the Prime Minister of the country.
“Paisa deke publicity ho raha hai. BJP Prime Minister banega. Jo danga karta hai, woh Prime Minister kabhi nei ban sakta (A lot of money is being used for publicity. Those who indulge in riots can never become Prime Minister,” Banerjee said speaking in Hindi at an election rally.
“Votes cannot be got by spending money and appearingon TV. People are wise enough and know whom to vote for,” Banerjee, the West Bengal Chief Minister said without naming Modi.
Alleging that BJP was a communal party, Banerjee said “BJP divides Hindus and Muslims. We will not allow riots to take place in West Bengal. We want to live in peace.We will resist those who cause riots,” she said. Banerjee’s vitriolic attack came in the midst of speculation in a section of the media of a possible understanding between BJP and TMC post-election.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review