A day after victory of AAP’s Prof Sadhu Singh, who won with a second highest margin from Punjab’s Faridkot, voters celebrated his victory with their own unique style. While a barber did free cutting the whole day, few colonies distributed sweets among each other. Others cleaned their streets with brooms hoping that cleaning of the system will start now.
Progressive book store in the city also offered up to 50 per cent discount on books sold on Saturday. Prof Sadhu Singh defeated SAD’s heavyweight and sitting MP Paramjeet Kaur Gulshan with over 1.72 lakh votes thus wresting this seat from SAD, which was with them for the past 15 years. A retired Principal and author of few books, Prof Sadhu Singh was a teacher at a private nursing college when he decided to contest elections.
It was his first election, which gave him a jackpot, say his supporters. He had become a member of the Aam Aadmi Party only 5-6 months back. Sadhu Singh along with his supporters went to Baba Farid Tilla and thanked voters, while Barber Bhupinder Singh gave free hair cuts throughout the day on Sunday to celebrate his victory. Youngsters of Mata Godri Sahib colony swept the colonies with ‘brooms’ and celebrated at various parts of the constituency.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sadhu Singh was so sure of his victory that laddoo preparation had started two days back in halwai shops where orders had been placed by AAP workers and the distribution took place on Saturday. Meanwhile, Singh will be chalking out a plan to work for a complete cleaning of the system.
” I will deliver what I promised. And a change in system will be done,” he said. In this election, Congress finished third with a margin of 2.78 lakh votes from the winning candidate. Meanwhile, Congress ex-MLA Ajit Singh Shant recently joined SAD while Congress MLA Joginder Pal Jain had switched to SAD and even won by over 28,000 votes in Moga. But that did not work for the party.
Constituency wise break up
Looking at the constituency wise break up, AA P candidate and sitting MLA of Jaitu Joginder Singh Panjgrainian took a lead by 16420 votes from SAD’s Gulshan while Joginder finished at number three by losing with over 25,000 votes.
AAP lagged only in one constituency – Gidderbaha – where Congress was at number one and SAD at two while AAP lost with over 37,000 votes from the Congress. SAD took a lead of over 9,000 votes only in Rampura area. However, they did wonders in Moga urban where SAD had won the 2012 election in December. SAD finished third while AAP got a lead of 48,174 votes here.
In Nihal Singh Wala – AAP’s lead was over 58,000 votes while in Baghapurana, AAP had a lead of over 31,000 votes. In Dharamkot, the lead was more than 17,000 votes ahead of SAD’s Gulshan. In Kotakpura as well Sadhu Singh was leading by over 21000 votes.