Nineteen Lok Sabha constituencies in Maharashtra, where polling on Thursday is being held in the second phase of election in the state, recorded an average of 8.81 per cent voter turnout till 9 AM.
Among early voters were Union Home Minister and Congress candidate in Solapur Sushilkumar Shinde and NCP nominee in Pune district’s Baramati constituency Supriya Sule, daughter of party chief Sharad Pawar.
Former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who had to quit three years ago over the alleged involvement in the Adarsh Housing scam, cast his vote around 8.30 AM at a booth in Shivaji Nagar are of Nanded city. He was accompanied by his
wife and other family members.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Chavan appealed people to come out in large numbers to exercise their right to franchise. BJP’s Gopinath Munde, who is seeking a second term as MP from Beed, also cast his vote at a booth in Nathra village of Parli tehsil in the district.
Young voters as well as senior citizens were seen lining up enthusiastically since early morning in Pune city which experienced a drizzle in the wee hours. The polling was peaceful. No untoward incident was reported.
The constituency-wise voting percentage till 9 AM is: Hingoli: 11.19 per cent, Nanded 8.5 pc, Parbhani 13 pc, Maval 7 pc, Pune 8.5 pc, Baramati 9.5 pc, Shirur 8 pc, Ahmednagar 7 pc, Shirdi 7 pc, Beed 9.92 pc, Osmanabad 9.5 pc, Latur 8.60 pc, Solapur 10.3 pc, Madha 7.3 pc, Sangli 9.5 pc, Satara 7.33 pc, Ratnagiri Sindhudurg 9.35 pc, Kolhapur 9 pc and Hatkanangle 7 pc.
About 3,24,27,558 electorate in constituencies of western Maharashtra, Marathwada and Konkan are eligible to cast their votes in this phase of polling.