Nineteen Lok Sabha constituencies in Maharashtra, where polling on Thursday is being held in the second phase of election in the state, recorded an average of 8.81 per cent voter turnout till 9 AM.
Among early voters were Union Home Minister and Congress candidate in Solapur Sushilkumar Shinde and NCP nominee in Pune district’s Baramati constituency Supriya Sule, daughter of party chief Sharad Pawar.
Former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who had to quit three years ago over the alleged involvement in the Adarsh Housing scam, cast his vote around 8.30 AM at a booth in Shivaji Nagar are of Nanded city. He was accompanied by his
wife and other family members.
Chavan appealed people to come out in large numbers to exercise their right to franchise. BJP’s Gopinath Munde, who is seeking a second term as MP from Beed, also cast his vote at a booth in Nathra village of Parli tehsil in the district.
Young voters as well as senior citizens were seen lining up enthusiastically since early morning in Pune city which experienced a drizzle in the wee hours. The polling was peaceful. No untoward incident was reported.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The constituency-wise voting percentage till 9 AM is: Hingoli: 11.19 per cent, Nanded 8.5 pc, Parbhani 13 pc, Maval 7 pc, Pune 8.5 pc, Baramati 9.5 pc, Shirur 8 pc, Ahmednagar 7 pc, Shirdi 7 pc, Beed 9.92 pc, Osmanabad 9.5 pc, Latur 8.60 pc, Solapur 10.3 pc, Madha 7.3 pc, Sangli 9.5 pc, Satara 7.33 pc, Ratnagiri Sindhudurg 9.35 pc, Kolhapur 9 pc and Hatkanangle 7 pc.
About 3,24,27,558 electorate in constituencies of western Maharashtra, Marathwada and Konkan are eligible to cast their votes in this phase of polling.