As many as 50 dummy Electronic Voting Machines displaying ruling BJD’s election symbol ‘Conch’ were seized from a jeep in Kantamal Assembly constituency in Odisha, official sources said on Sunday.
The EVMs were seized at Podapadar near Ghantapada by a flying squad on Saturday while being transported illegally in the vehicle requisitioned by an independent candidate contesting from Kantamal assembly seat, they said.
“We have seized the EVMs along with the vehicle and action is being taken as per the law,” M Nayak, incharge Executive Magistrate of the squad, said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Kantamal Assembly seat located in Boudh district will go the polls on April 10.