- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
50 dummy EVMs displaying BJD symbol seized
As many as 50 dummy Electronic Voting Machines displaying ruling BJD’s election symbol ‘Conch’ were seized from a jeep in Kantamal Assembly constituency in Odisha, official sources said on Sunday.
The EVMs were seized at Podapadar near Ghantapada by a flying squad on Saturday while being transported illegally in the vehicle requisitioned by an independent candidate contesting from Kantamal assembly seat, they said.
“We have seized the EVMs along with the vehicle and action is being taken as per the law,” M Nayak, incharge Executive Magistrate of the squad, said.
Kantamal Assembly seat located in Boudh district will go the polls on April 10.