Twenty people were injured when supporters of Trinamool Congress (TMC) and CPI(M) clashed in Burdwan district on Saturday, police said.
Superintendent of Police S M H Meerza said 20 people were injured in the clash at Adampur village and six of the injured have been admitted to Burdwan Medical College Hospital while two seriously injured persons have been referred to Kolkata hospitals.
Police reinforcements have been rushed to the area as there was tension in the village, the SP said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Eight persons have been detained by police, Meerza said.
The CPI(M) alleged that local TMC activists attacked their supporters for attending the rally of the CPI(M) leader Surjya Kanta Mishra who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly.
Local Trinamool Congress leader Joydev Mukherjee refuted the CPI(M) allegations and instead alleged that CPI(M) activists attacked their party supporters for attending the TMC’s Brigade rally in Kolkata.