Twenty people were injured when supporters of Trinamool Congress (TMC) and CPI(M) clashed in Burdwan district on Saturday, police said.
Superintendent of Police S M H Meerza said 20 people were injured in the clash at Adampur village and six of the injured have been admitted to Burdwan Medical College Hospital while two seriously injured persons have been referred to Kolkata hospitals.
Police reinforcements have been rushed to the area as there was tension in the village, the SP said.
Eight persons have been detained by police, Meerza said.
The CPI(M) alleged that local TMC activists attacked their supporters for attending the rally of the CPI(M) leader Surjya Kanta Mishra who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Local Trinamool Congress leader Joydev Mukherjee refuted the CPI(M) allegations and instead alleged that CPI(M) activists attacked their party supporters for attending the TMC’s Brigade rally in Kolkata.