Twenty people were injured when supporters of Trinamool Congress (TMC) and CPI(M) clashed in Burdwan district on Saturday, police said.
Superintendent of Police S M H Meerza said 20 people were injured in the clash at Adampur village and six of the injured have been admitted to Burdwan Medical College Hospital while two seriously injured persons have been referred to Kolkata hospitals.
Police reinforcements have been rushed to the area as there was tension in the village, the SP said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Eight persons have been detained by police, Meerza said.
The CPI(M) alleged that local TMC activists attacked their supporters for attending the rally of the CPI(M) leader Surjya Kanta Mishra who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state Assembly.
Local Trinamool Congress leader Joydev Mukherjee refuted the CPI(M) allegations and instead alleged that CPI(M) activists attacked their party supporters for attending the TMC’s Brigade rally in Kolkata.